Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Good Days

Some days are extremely good. The kind of days where you get everything done that you wanted to. Food seems to taste better, and you're able to ignore the things that usually bother you. Everything just seems right.

Yesterday was one of those days, and so far today seems like it's going to be one of those days too.

It's these moments that I like to remind myself to just sort of be in present and not think too much about how tomorrow could be a day when I simply don't feel right anymore. Instead, I'm going to concentrate and enjoy the fact that I do feel good today.

I've been trying to set small goals for myself. For example, this week I've challenged myself to write five pages of my short story and so far I've written about a page and a half. I'm also knitting another scarf for my Etsy shop and it's more than half way done. I find with writing, it helps to go somewhere else rather than sit at home and be distracted by the fact that I could just sit and watch Netflix. Once I'm at the library or a coffee shop it's easier to tell myself I have to be writing for at least an hour or so before I can check facebook or twitter haha. It also gives me an excuse to get dressed and leave the house. Then I feel like I'm actually doing something. Lately I've been trying to get myself to actually wear nice clothing rather than just sweatpants and a t-shirt. Dressing up really affects your mood I find. Plus sometimes it's fun to look pretty.

I did yoga the other day (I haven't in a while) and it reminded me about mindfulness. Mindfulness is about being more present and aware of your emotions happening in the here and now. In the yoga DVD the instructor talks about being mindful, and sometimes this can really help alleviate tension and it really does make you feel better.

Anyways, these are some of the ways I've been keeping myself happy this week. I'm really glad I've gotten out of that listless funk I was in last week. Just goes to show that eventually things do get better.

I hope everyone else is having as a good a week as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment